When I saw this delightful piece of news I frantically ran to grab the container of Similac that was sitting on our kitchen counter, the one that my son had already gone through more than half of, to see if it was on the list of affected lot numbers. To my horror according to their website, the container of formula in my hand was part of the recall and needed to be returned immediately. I almost threw up on my keyboard. I know that the FDA stated there was a "remote possiblity," but as far as I was concerned, my baby had ingested parts of a beetle and/or its larvae and the insect parts were scraping away at his tiny, delicate intestines as he slept.
My angel of a pediatrician listened to my hysteria at nearly 11 pm and reassured me of how the worst that could happen would be a tummy ache and maybe a loss of appetite. She reminded me that H had already gone through a majority of the formula and was still eating like a college linebacker so there was nothing to worry about and that his intestines are going to be just fine.
God bless Dr. Sudha and her after-hours answering service.