After eating pizza for 2 days straight (ham, pineapple, bacon and jalepenos: combo made in HEAVEN), my arteries were demanding a change. Cheese and pasta go together like Koreans and standardized tests but I didn't have any protein available. Thank goodness for Costco and their canned salmon. (Only ingredient I didn't get a snapshot of. Figures.)
- Cook 1/2 lb of whole wheat pasta to al dente.
- Heat a tablespoon of XVOO over medium heat then add a chopped medium onion and a few tablespoons of pesto.
- Saute for a few mins until onion softens.
- Add two cans of salmon (6 oz. each) and cook until heated through.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of Parm cheese and cook for ~5 mins to let all the party guests get to know each other.
- Add cooked pasta and toss together. If things are hard to mingle, add a tiny bit of pasta water to loosen things up.