- Cook 1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti noodles in salted water until they're shy of al dente (~5 mins).
- Heat ~4 tbl of XVOO in a large pan over medium heat. Toss in 1 medium onion & 1 bell pepper, both chopped, and saute for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add 2-3 tbl of minced garlic depending on how much making out you plan on doing (or rather, not doing) after eating and saute until you smell the garlicky goodness (~30 sec or so).
- Add a palmful of crushed red pepper and saute for a few more seconds. I tend to like my food a lot on the spicy side so feel free to tone it down if you're a pansy.
- Add one 15 oz. can of tomato sauce and 2 tbl of tomato paste then simmer until the sauce reduces by half, ~5 mins.
- Add 2 lbs of shrimp, peeled & deveined, and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the undercooked pasta to the pan along with ~1 cup of pasta water and simmer the whole shabang for a couple more minutes. Don't let it go for too long otherwise you'll end up with rubbery shrimp and mushy noodles. Um, unless you like that sort of thing.
- Turn the heat off before adding a few handfuls of chopped parsely leaves and grated Parmesan. I highly suggest tasting the dish at this point before adding any salt. In my experience, the salt from the pasta water and the savory Parm cheese season the sauce more than enough.
Recipe is a slightly altered version of this dish. Bam!