- 2 lbs butternut squash, cubed
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup Parmesan
- Season the squash with salt and pepper and toss in a good amount of olive oil. Roast at 425 degrees F for ~40 minutes* until the pieces are golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- While the squash is cooling, cook your pasta**. Reserve ~2 cups of the pasta water before draining. You'll need it for the sauce.
- Put the goat cheese into a large bowl then top with the hot pasta and ~1 cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss until the cheese has melted into a dreamy, creamy sauce. Add the butternut squash, toasted walnuts***, and Parmesan (reserving a little for garnish). Toss well and adjust seasoning if necessary.
** Cook your pasta in salted water according to preference. If you're like me, you'll want it al dente. If you're like my mom, you'll want to cook your noodles until they're a mushy mess. To each her own.
***You can toast the walnuts in the oven at 350 degrees F for ~5 mins or you can also toast them in a dry saute pan over medium heat. Option C is to not toast them at all but toasted nuts are definitely tastier.