Apr 19, 2011

Beans Beans They're Good for Your Heart

And when you have one incubating in your uterus, your waistline reaps some benefit too (for the time being anyway). Just as I was beginning to think that I was going to be blessed with another symptom-free pregnancy, nausea decided to be a fashionably late unwelcomed party guest. (It may as well have walked into my house with shoes on despite the foyer filled with other guests' shoes and the hanging sign that says, "Mahalo for taking your shoes off." Just a little pet peeve of mine.) My stomach does summersaults when I'm hungry or when I'm full (especially if I stuff my face a little too much) so the only way I find relief is to nibble all day long.

I've never been good at portion control and the one time I tried eating 5 small meals a day I ended up eating 5 Roxy-sized meals a day and managed to gain 8 lbs...in a week. Hopefully this little experience will help me adopt better eating habits and keep my metabolism revved up. Or maybe I should stop thinking about my body and just focus on making sure this bean gets all the nutrients it needs.



Congrats to my long-time chum Mrs. Patton on her big news too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations!! How funny that you and Grace are announcing at like the exact same time. Lots of babies!!

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments