May 16, 2011

Beds, BFF's and Buffalo Chicken

In the beginning of our marriage, Jorts had this awful habit of jumping into bed instead of getting into it like an adult. After a couple years of this 200 lb beating every night (which is more than I would've lasted if I were a bed), our platform decided it had had enough and one of the wooden planks that our mattress sat on broke right in half. So for the last few months we have had to be ever so delicate with our movement while on the bed (as in tossing or turning during the night, you pervs) or we would be rudely awakened by our mattress falling 10 or so inches from the broken plank giving out.

Well my friends, we sleep on a ghetto rigged bed no more ever since the arrival of this beauty:
Please ignore the wrinkly pillows and power tools and just focus on the fruit of my husband's (and his handyman friend's) labor. I love how our new bed is lower to the ground and the frame is flush with the mattress. Our old platform had about 5 inches of wood that stuck out on all sides, making middle of the night bathroom trips impossible to escape without a skinned shin or two. I'm also excited about being able to use a co-sleeper (the kind that you pull right up to your bed) with Baby Bean #2. Lastly, I lurve how the cream color of the new bed looks in contrast with our new slate-painted walls. You can't really tell in the picture but we I decided to do an accent wall with a darker shade of grey behind the bed and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Moving on.

I'm sure y'all have seen enough pics of these 2 bosom buddies but what can I say, they're the highlight of my day. Especially when I catch them in special moments like these that make me chortle (and yes, I do chortle. Ask anyone who's heard me laugh in real life).


They even blink in synchronization.
 


H's first pineapple.
 


Trying to decide if he likes it.
 


Sad face when there's no more left.
 And finally onto the food.

Tonight's dinner came out exceptionally yummy when I added onions to an old favorite, buffalo chicken pizza. I don't know why it's taken me so long to think of something so obvious but the extra crunch made it so much better! It's a super easy recipe so if there are enough requests, I'll share it in a future post. (Who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll share it even if I get no quips. I'm just dedicated like that.)




1 comment:

  1. shareshare.
    congrats on the new bed. i am picturing Jorts jumping into bed every night and it's funny. Sometimes if it's late at night, Reed likes to dive into bed. similar concept.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments