Dec 15, 2011

Arrival of Sweet P

I think my feelings would be best expressed by the following montage of pictures along with a (attempted) quick recap of what went down.
Disclaimer: I may have gone a little overboard with the paranthetic statements in this post. My bad.

December 2, 2011

8:45 pm: I was sitting on the edge of our bed, brushing my teeth, convinced I would be the only woman in history to go overdue with her second baby when I stood up and felt a warm trickle down my legs. I waddled to the toilet before getting too excited. The last thing I wanted was to go to the hospital for the nurse to tell me I wasn't in labor and that I just needed a good pair of Depends. After making sure it was indeed my water, I yelled to Jorts to initiate Operation Baby Bean. Once our bags were packed and my mom arrived to stay home with our sleeping H, we were on our way!

10:00-midnight: Checked into the hospital, got poked with what felt like a million needles (One of which hit "a juicy vein" according to the nurse. I about fainted when I saw her cleaning up a puddle of my blood and almost slapped her for shoving the plastic part of the IV unneccessarily far into my skin. Proof can be seen in the 1st pic above.), laid uncomfortably for what felt like an eternity waiting anxiously for the contractions to start while my water took its sweet time coming out trickle by trickle. Grossest. Feeling. Ever.

December 3, 2011 (due date)

1:00 am: I was 3 cm and the contractions started to get more intense so I asked for an epidural in my best Shirley Temple voice only to be shot down by the witch nurse who told me the OB wanted to wait for them to be closer together. I demanded for the OB to come tell me that to my face (in my head) and mumbled something about how I got my epidural at 3 cm with my first baby (outloud). I also learned that Jorts is a mutant with regenerative abilities because I'm fairly certain I bit his head off after making a comment in front of the nurse about how I set the record for earliest request for an epidural. His new head won't be making that mistake ever again.

2 am: The anesthesiologist who bore a striking resemblence to Ken Jeong came in on his gleaming white stallion and administered the glorious goods.

2:00-4:30: Bliss.

4:30: I started to feel slight discomfort again from the contractions and immediately pressed the little blue button, terrified I was going to have a repeat of my first labor experience. (I didn't take advantage of the option to re-up and my epidural ran out in the middle of pushing. Horrifying, I know.) The button didn't do jack so I told the nurse that I needed more drugs. She chortled (to my befuddlement as my request was not a joke in the slightest) and checked me to see if the more intense contractions were a sign that it was time to push. To my surprise I was at 10 and the OB was on her way!

5:04: After 2 pushes (a stark contrast to the 4 hours of pushing with H), our pretty P was born weighing the exact same as her big brother and 20 in. long.

I know it's taken me forever and a day to get this birth story up but I promise I'll be back soon for an update on the adventures since homecoming along with a post for this honor.


  1. Oh yay! I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you post in awhile! Now I know why. Congrats!

  2. Oh! And she was born the day after our son! :D They were also the same length-20 inches! So excited for your new addition!


Love me some comments