Jan 16, 2013

Taco Tuesday


 
...but posting about it on a Wednesday. Tacos are one of my fav go-to meals at times when I'm feeling hyper-lazy. You like that oxymoron? Thought so. My only complaint used to be the heinous levels of sodium in pre-packaged taco seasoning (unless you happen to like water retention and cankles) until I came across this gem. The recipe below is scaled up to make a bigger batch because "sensible portions" are profane words in my household. Mix up all the ingredients in a bowl, store in an air tight container, and a Mexican fiesta will be no further than a pantry away.
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 2 tbl ground cumin
  • 1 tbl + 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tbl + 1 tsp pepper
Brown up your ground meat o' choice in a skillet, toss a few palmfuls of taco seasoning in, cut up some 'maters and 'ocados for topping, and you have dinner before Chopped gets to its dessert round.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some comments