Apr 10, 2011

I Have a Joke

There is a priest at my parish who has a trademarked opening line to every homily he gives. Father Jess always opens with,

 "I have a joke..."

Most of the time, polite chuckles follow the punchline. But every once in a while he delivers a gem that not only elicits geniune knee slaps but is worth retelling, like today. It goes a little something like this:

An elementary school teacher said to her class,
"Does anyone know who the most famous religious figure in all of history is?
Whoever answers correctly gets $2."
Timothy quckly raised his hand and guessed, "Saint Patrick?"
"Nice try," replied Mrs. Bruce, "but that's not correct."
Then Emily yells out, "Saint Nick!"
"Close but not quite Emily," said Mrs. Bruce.
Finally a Jewish kid named Harry answered, "Jesus Christ."
"That's correct! Come on up here to get your prize," responded Mrs. Bruce.
When little Harry made his way up to the front of the class, Mrs. Bruce said,
"I must say Harry, I'm a bit surprised at your answer given that you're Jewish."
As he accepted the money Harry replied,
"In my heart, I know the answer is Moses...but business is business."



On another note,

Our house painting project is taking a bit longer than expected so I haven't been able to upload any recent pics. Despair not my friends, I'll be back to posting yummy food & baby photos as soon as I can. In the meantime I do have one little nugget I can share from our recent trip to Costco. I made the mistake of putting the clamshell of blackberries within arms reach of the Fruit Monster and this is the result:


Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. haha. loved the joke.

    he(w) he so cute..little sneaker!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments