Apr 3, 2011

Triple D, Golden Girls & Balls Everywhere

  1. Here are some behind the scenes snapshots from when Guy Fieri & his crew came to our humble homestead to film our little H. He will the be youngest restauranteur ever to be featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives.
  2. I attended the 1st annual Phoenix Diocesan Women's Conference. It was originally named, "Let's Think of the Longest Possible Name for This Event" but the committee decided to go for a more descriptive title. I was expecting the turn out to be more...um...golden but was happy to see a room full of 600+ women from every age group. I didn't want to be that weirdo taking pictures of myself just to post on my blog so I don't have any snapshots but trust that it was sensational. My favorite take-away was from Katrina Zeno. She called it the Eucharistic Path: chosen, blessed, broken, given. AH-MAY-ZING.
  3. Did you know there are juuust over 11 million shades of beige? Well there are. And after 3 long weeks of testing out sample after sample after sample (our walls look like they have been painted a faux zebra finish...if zebras were beige), I have finally committed to the one that we'll be spending the rest of our lives with. Tomorrow starts a mini-makeover for our house. We'll be getting rid of this awful mauve (I'm willing to bet the shade is called "Stomach Lining") that currently coats every wall in our great room and adding some much needed color to the bedrooms. Stay tuned for pics of the transformation.
  4. I'm sure some of you are wondering, "How does she have the time to write such witty, original, insightful (ok I'll stop there) posts with a toddler to chase after?" Well my dear readers, I'll tell you how. It's called a ball pit. And it's the best invention next to Mylicon. My little man could spend HOURS (or maybe 20 mins, tops) in this thing allowing mommy to express her creative genius or fold a load of laundry or even take an occasional shower. Ok so maybe I'm exaggerating a little and not giving Jorts the credit he deserves for being H's favorite playmate but you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some comments