Sep 29, 2011

Tofu Goo Fo You



It's ok, I can use a tongue-in-cheek phrase like this post's title with a minimal level of offensiveness because I'm asian. Just don't go trying it if you're not a fellow yellow or you might be labeled a racist.

Now that that PSA is out of the way, onto the recipe.

For the salad:

4 oz extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into bite-sized cubes
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa (or 1/2 cup cooked)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced or chopped
1/2 cup edamame (I get the frozen kind from Costco and zap them in the microwave)
2 tbl chopped parsley
2 tsp sesame seeds

For the dressing:
1 Tbl creamy almond butter
2 tbl rice wine vinegar
2-3 tbl low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbl fresh lime juice
1 tsp brown sugar
  1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
  2. Toss 1 tbl of dressing with tofu and set aside. Save the rest of the dressing to use later.
  3. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
  4. In a large bowl, toss cooked quinoa with remaining dressing.
  5. Add carrots, red pepper, edamame, parsley, and marinated tofu. Toss gently.
  6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. 
To toss in a random thought for good measure: if you thought the tree pose in yoga was hard to master, try doing it 7 months preggo. Jorts got a good laugh the other night watching me during my prenatal yoga sesh. What a good baby's mama I am for providing comic relief after a long day, huh?

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks and sounds delish. I am so going to make it once my diet is over (and this totally makes me want to cheat, ha)!

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments